Here you will find our presentations, publications, reviews and other engagement pieces.
You can view previous presentations and publications by the data ethics team here.
- Identifying gaps, opportunities and priorities in the applied data ethics guidance landscape
- Enabling ethical research: How can we best address emerging ethical challenges in the use of data for research and statistics?
- You may also be interested in viewing our ethics guidance publications.
- DataConnect 2022 session on “Quality in=Quality Out: Qualitative methods to improve your data quality”, September 2022.
- DataConnect 2022 session on ” A day in the life of a Research Ethics Committee”, September 2022
- International Population Data Linkage Network Conference, September 2022
- “Ethical Considerations relating to Qualitative Research Methods” event, in collaboration with the ONS Data Quality Hub, July 2022
- UNECA Presentation session on “Experience sharing on the modernization and use of administrative data and records for statistical purposes”, June 2022
- Presentation on the data ethics services to the Public Policy Analysis Division of ONS, May 2022
- Training on the revised ethics self-assessment for the accredited processing environments, April 2022
- Scottish Data and Intelligence Network Data Showcase event, January 2022
- Royal Geographical Society /Association for Geographic Information’s Ethics Forum, January 2022
- UNESCAP/SIAP e-Learning Course on Machine Learning for Official Statistics, December 2021
- ONS-UNECE Machine Learning Group 2021 webinar, November 2021
- Government Geography Profession 2021 conference, November 2021
- UNECE/EFTA Expert Meeting on Modernizing Statistical Legislation, November 2021
- Statistics Canada International Methodology Symposium, October 2021
- Public Attitudes to Data and AI (PADAI) network, October 2021
- Royal Statistical Society International Development Section meeting, October 2021
- Housemark Ltd 10 Days of Data: Data for good? Exploring the ethics of data science, October 2021
- Introducing the UK Statistics Authority’s Centre for Applied Data Ethics Heads of Professions event, October 2021
- DataConnect21 event, September 2021
- Data for Policy Conference, September 2021
- Royal Statistical Society Conference, September 2021
- The British Society for Population Studies Conference, September 2021
- UNESCAP Asia-Pacific Stats Café: “Big Data Governance”, August 2021
- Royal Geographical Society/ Association for Geographic Information Ethics webinar, A right to be lost: Bias, Anonymity, Privacy, July 2021
- Government Economic and Social Research seminar, July 2021
- International data ethics meeting, July 2021
- UK Statistics Authority Centre for Applied Data Ethics Inaugural Roundtable event, May 2021
- Data Science, Ethics and Society Reading Group, March 2021
- ONS-United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Machine Learning 2021 group meeting, February 2021
- Government Digital Service data ethics profession in government event, January 2021