The Board has committees to support its statutory functions and get advice on matters within the UK Statistics Authority’s remit. These committees may include persons who are neither members of the UK Statistics Authority nor its employees.
The Board’s Committees operate at a strategic level and are responsible for leading the Authority and the wider statistical system by establishing a collective vision and making decisions of strategic importance.
Authority Board Sub-Committees
The committees of the Board are:
- Audit and Risk Assurance Committee
- Regulation Committee (formerly Assessment Committee)
- Remuneration Committee
In addition to these committees, the National Statistician chairs an executive group which manages the day-to-day business of the Office for National Statistics’ statistical production.
National Statistician’s Advisory Committees and Panels
The National Statistician has created a set of advisory committees and panels to provide advice on specific topics.
- Advisory Panels for Consumer Price Statistics (Stakeholder)
- Advisory Panels for Consumer Price Statistics (Technical)
- Methodological Assurance Review panel – Census
- National Statistician’s Crime Statistics Advisory Committee
- National Statistician’s Data Ethics Advisory Committee
- National Statistician’s Expert User Advisory Committee (NSEUAC)
- National Statistician’s Committee for Advice on Standards for Economic Statistics (NSCASE)
- Statement – Establishment of Advisory Committees to the National Statistician (June 2015)
National Statistician’s Statutory Committees and Panels
A statutory committee on exists to advise the National Statistician Statistician and to provide advice.